Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a fairly new 255 gallon 5/8 glass aquarium with sumps, pumps and a coralife light, extra bulbs,heaters etc....for $500 what a great deal. Anyways its pretty tall at 35"so my question is if it's sitting on a blanket on the floor would it be ok to get into it??? I'm about 175lbs.
The other thing does anyone recomend using any kind of a dense foam under such a tank when on the stand??? I was thinking a high quality hardwood floor underlay.

·
Registered
413 Posts
the underlayment will be fine. Being level is the biggest thing to worry about. As for getting in it, I wouldn't. I have no real hard fast reason other that, your feet are small and you would have all your pressure on a very small foot print in the bottom of the tank. if you happen to move on to a weak spot in the bottom you would be very disapointed with yourself.

Nice pick-up by the way :thumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I figured I shouldn't get in it..... but a 3' tall tank is quite the reach into even on the floor :(

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you have a child you could put them in it to do the work :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
you better pull your your arm long,I wouldn't get into it,good luck and I happy for u..welcome to the big boys I have a 225gl myself peace. :thumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigJagLover said:
If you have a child you could put them in it to do the work :lol:
Well I don't have a child.......yet.......... but I guess I could steel one :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.