Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 240g has been up and running for about 3 wks now. Stocked it with 30 Demasoni , 15 yellow labs, 8 acei, and 8 rusties. All is well so far. Not too much aggression as of yet. Approx 460 lbs of rockwork, plenty of hiding spots.
In the near future I would like to make some additions. I was thinking of any of the following;
socolofi
red zebras

I realize that there might be some cross-breeding potential. I'm not crazy about albinos or females with drab coloring.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I suggest that you post some pics asap.

As for stocking suggestions, I think you're on the right track with your additions. You could also just increase your existing populations. Really you can't go wrong with what you've done so far. Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I would suggest 2 or 3 more species. Socolofi would be too similar in color to your Acei, IMO

1. Melanochromis parallelus or maingano

2. Zebra Obliquedens(did well with my mbuna)

3. Minos reef Red Zebra...females only. The males are blue, the females orange, and are sexable at a young age. Male Zebras love female yellow labs and tend to dominate the male labs.

Also, about 6-9 Syno Multies will provide you with population control. With plenty of rockwork, some will make it still, but you won't be overrun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts