Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I made the trip to pick it up from my brother's shop. Dallas Aquarium & Pond custom built with starfire glass on three sides with 3D background, pvc bottom, and polished edges. Hope to get the stand built this weekend, more pictures as things come together. It's 72 1/2" x 27 1/2" x 27 1/2"

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That background's gonna be a pain to clean and get fish that get in behind it.

Looks great otherwise - will look nice with some algae on it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
nice,I wish my brother made aquariums,that is,if I had a brother,anyways,looking good so far,what kind of fish are you putting in there?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Woah. What is the BG made of? Looks just like THR. I second what Glaneon said, I had a BG with caves. Catching fish = impossible. Make sure whatever you put in there you want to stay!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's pro's and cons to everything-yes difficult to catch fish in, but this is going to be an amazing tank! Can't wait to see it all set up! I'm envious.:)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very nice tank! Can't wait to see it set up.

I've been able to catch fish in my tank w/o taking out all the rock work and the dozen or so caves. It takes patience but it can be done (fish are stupid sometimes).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me clear up one thing real quick. My bother just owns a marine/ coral shop and ordered the tank from DAP. I did word that a bit funny up top.

All male peacocks, Haps, may be some calvus/comps. I don't plan on putting anything I need to catch in the tank. I know of a safe electric shock method that will bring all the fish to the top for a few seconds if needed, lol. I have had many tanks in the past and never needed to clean the rock work?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Goodluck with the tank. Keep some photos coming once set up and established.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
That background looks very realistic to me. At least in the photos there is no way I could tell it isn't Holey Rock - but then that stuff looks somewhat surreal even if it's real :lol:

Anyhow, awesome tank, and looking forward to seeing more pictures. Would you mind sharing how much that background was? I just bought about 80 pounds of Holey Rock, and am starting to wonder if I put my money in the right place :?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
newforestrob said:
the more I look at that backgroung the more I like it,who makes it?this is going to look great when your finished :popcorn:
The wife just through out the paper with the name of the company that made it. The company is in the same building as Dallas Aquarium & Pond.

fmueller said:
Would you mind sharing how much that background was?
I can only share retail prices, the tank was 1700, and the background was 600. Great deals can be made in these hard times :wink:

·
Registered
509 Posts
It looks like you have given your fish a nice audio system too. Very thoughtful of you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very cool tank and background. I love all that front to back room. I don't know what you plan for the back of the tank, but making it all black would give it even more depth.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dotbomb said:
It looks like you have given your fish a nice audio system too. Very thoughtful of you.
That is another project I need to work on, I mean finish. Those are really just test boxes for the four 10" subs

kriskm said:
Very cool tank and background. I love all that front to back room. I don't know what you plan for the back of the tank, but making it all black would give it even more depth.
I was planning on rolling some black paint on the back of this thing before I put sand and water in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts