Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is where i am with my 220, this is the DIY stand and canopy setup i did last summer.

so far i have 13 F1 G. Altifrons. Rio Xingu. 2-3"

6 large snails,

30 tetras
L177
2 unknown so far

much more to come.

not sure of the L# of these, the spots are more yellow then white like they are in the second pic

L177

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
illy-d said:
I'm so very envious of you...
I'll echo this sentiment.

That's one big tank and a big piece of driftwood.

But...30 tetras! dude you need atleast 2 or 3 schools of 30+.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I don't know, I like the visual effect of one school of 50+ tetras ...

Love the hardscape!!! :thumb:

Though you probably already know of course, someone has to mention it ... neons will be a pretty lunch eventually! :lol: But as cheap as they are, not much more than feeder guppies here, they deffinately be more healthy than feeders from the lfs. :D

Amazing tank though! Always always wanted a nice sized school of large geo's ... :drooling:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Fantastic tank. I am jealous of your scale.

·
Registered
720 Posts
H3ll, I'd say one school of 100+ cardinal tetras in a tank that big...but that's just me.

The photo could pass for a 75 until you see how small the geos are! wow!

I'd work on the driftwood placement a bit. The arrangement could be improved, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the comments, the only problem i have with the neon's is they end up in my sump, they swim into the reef boxes, tisk tisk , oh well, once they are all gone and i am sure its just a matter of time, i will get a big group of diamond tetras or Colombian tetras. i don't have to worry about them getting sucked into the reef box.

as for the driftwood,

i got it from tedsfishroom.com he has HUGE chunks for a great price.

i did add a foot ball size piece of java fern to the tank i split it up along the top branches of the wood.

more to come

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.