Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what should I do with my new tank. Its a 220G 6'x2'x2'. It has a 50G sump under it that will do about1,000 G a hr. Also I am hooking it up with a drip system that will be doing anywhere from 5 to 30G a day, water changes that is. It depends on what I put in there and if I will even set it up.

I thought that since its a larger tank people could have all kinds of different ideas than myself.
what would you stock it with? Staying away from any Gibb's or fronts.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Community or single species? Show tank or fish room? Breeding or no?

If it were me, it would go in my fish room with something that wouldn't work in a smaller tank like haplotaxodon, or one of the larger lepidio's. Or maybe even one of the super aggresives like n. christyi, or t. dhonti. I wouldn't waste it on smaller fish that I could do in other tanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prov356 said:
Community or single species? Show tank or fish room? Breeding or no?

If it were me, it would go in my fish room with something that wouldn't work in a smaller tank like haplotaxodon, or one of the larger lepidio's. Or maybe even one of the super aggresives like n. christyi, or t. dhonti. I wouldn't waste it on smaller fish that I could do in other tanks.
Its in a fish room.
Breeding
community or single, does not matter.

Ya see that what I can't decide, larger fish or just a ton of smaller ones.
Maybe if I order some haplo's I might get them this time :wink:

I like trying rare tangs to breed. So the rarer you can think the better for me. I'm just to indecisive. Also I picked this tank up for free. Its even an oceanic with one overflow on the left side

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's quite the free tank!!!! :drooling: Are you going to have to put alot of work into it?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just build a stand. It came with everything else I need. The filter is huge not sure on the exact dems, but its like 3'x2'x6" tall. Its taller than the 6" but thats how high the water level is. The tallest part is like 1.5' or less.

It was sitting at a LFS for like 8 months. I finally asked if I could just have it. And they gave it to me. I bring them fish alot I think thats why I got it. I'll post pics of it when its set up.

·
2,106 Posts
Great deal on the tank, that is a nice size, giving you a ton of options

Benthochromis Tricoti? A bunch of those would do well in such a tank. It is a tough decision as to how to stock a big empty glass box - so many fish, so few tanks! Good luck

·
2,106 Posts
16? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's insane, man!!!

My 3 are enough.

Hats off!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fiupntballr said:
Im assuming youve done all of the big feather fins.

Have you tried petrochromis? or Lobochilotes labiatus
Ya, feather fins are fun but not sure I want to use the big tank for them.

I have not tried petro's but was always interested in them. I've done tons a tropheus, and I've read there pretty similar.

Do you know what would be the best species of petro to get is.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
In my 210g I keep Furcifers, around 24 Paracyps, 24 Cyp micros, a pair of gobies and single gold head comp. A tank full of bulu point and moshi petros would look very cool though.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can try different Petro's like

Petrochromis sp. "Red - Bulu Point"
Petrochromis kasumbe (Halembe)
Petrochromis ephippium (Sibwesa)

or different sand dwellers such as

Xenotilapia singularis ndole bay
Xenotilapia nigrolabiata
Enantiopus sp. "Kilesa"
Ectodus descampsii
Callochromis pleurospilus (Kabogo)

or others like

Lobochilotes labiatus
Hemibates stenosoma (Chituta)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.