Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I am thinking of moving my 2 Multifasciatus to a 10gall. I have a 20gall 30"Lx12"Wx15"H,
I have sourced a second female dwarf sumbu so could have 2M/2F in there, I have been thinking about getting Caudopunctatus for ages, do you think I could add 2 punks to this tank (20gall) or do you think it would be 2 tight ?
Not really wanting to but I could pass the 2 Multies on and put 2 Sumbu in the 10 gall leaving 2 sumbu and 2 punks in the 20 ?
Any feedback/advice appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
To clarify, you want to know if groups of sumbu comps and caudopunks can coexist in a 20g tank?

Sure- it's worth a shot- but I'd start with a few more caudopunks if they are not paired already. With other altos, often one male will kill the other- so you may end up with 1m:2f. If you can get 5 caudopunks, you'll likely get a pair and then can remove the extras.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kiriyama

I noticed your location and *** got to ask how easy did you find sourcing the sumbu comps? *** wanted some for ages and *** been on the hunt but i can only ever find the bigger variety - im interested to know how you have found them and what they are like as tank mates to shellies?

Cheers :)

Kiara (England)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts