Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 20gal convict cichlid breeding tank ready to set up and i am wondering what filtration i should use for them ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a penguin 200 on my 20 long with my convicts and an airstone in the opposite end. I do one 50% wc a week .

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Flippercon said:
I have a penguin 200 on my 20 long with my convicts and an airstone in the opposite end. I do one 50% wc a week .
+1, Had the same thing minus the airstone in mine and did a wonderful job. Got it on sale for $19 too!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot for the help i will try and get 1 soon

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does any one know good types of sand ,driftwood ,stones and plants for my 20gal convict tank?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you want to go cheap I would go for pool filter sand . If price isn't a problem and you Like black I would go with the tahitian moon sand. River rock chalet is good for stone, and plants I don't do with cichlids. I would go fake on plants and save money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, what sort of structures should I put in to make territory's for the fish

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Flower pots , caves made of rock and plants. It's really up to your preference . You will rearrange your tank many times before you are content. Aquascaping is fun and up to you. If it works for your fish and you like it , why not. Just make sure it is clean and safe for aquaria.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for all your useful information today. :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts