Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I've been establishing a 20 gallon high cichlid tank, I know its pretty unconventional to try and do cichlids in a such a small tank. I'm not looking to do a bunch of cichlids maybe a pair or two at most. I have white gravel in the bottom of it, with holey rock. My question is what fish should i put in it?

I don't want any type of ram or community fish at all. So anyone wanting to me to do something like that, or tell me that i'm dumb for even trying. please take your negativity elsewhere!

Any ideas at all about what fish i should try i would love to hear! My water is perfect and the tank is fully established.. all thats left is the fish.

·
Registered
656 Posts
you could take a kook at shell dwellers from lake tanganyika, they can do very well in a 20. You can see them in the profiles section.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'd agree, multi's or several brevis, lots of shellies can work if you're willing to start with a few and remove any rejected ones. There are some dwarf cichlids that can work. Some of it depends on what's available to you and what you can do about maybe adding an established pair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay cool. by shell dwellers do you guys mean that i would have to buy a lot of shells to put in the bottom of my tank for them?

Any whats a cool pair do you guys think i could do?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
702 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts