Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two that need help.
One is silver with a feint black line along his middle and his upper fin has a tinge of reddish orange but is really light.
the other i was told is a maingano- however he looks nothin like the pics nor the juvenile ones..
hard to describe that one- light purplish color with bright blue spot by gill- has a lil bit of black in back fin and top one.

any advice or opinions would be great!!!
umm i dont know how to add pics to this lol sorry. if you can email me ill send u some...
~~Thanks~~

·
Registered
705 Posts
your "firecracker" appears to be a lelupi. tang cichlid. as for the rest i honestly cant say. poor quality pics paired with wat appear to be poor quality hybrids.. i just cant say for sure. also wats the deal with the "seaweed"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a plant with a flower on it lol. I just got this tank and was taking a break to try to get pics so i can get more inof on my lil fellows! Once i get it all set I'll post a new pic =)
They are very active and hard to get them to sit still for the photo.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Set the ISO on the camera up high to remove blur, I still have to take 100 pics for a couple good ones!

The silver with black stripe is maybe a protomelas species, the other could be a auratus male that isn't colored up, or at least melanochromis. I'm just taking a wild shot, not the best at this yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts