Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the average cost of a 2 spot common pike. I just purchased one about 6 inches long (beaufitul) but I think I paid to much......

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hard to say, it really depends which pike you actually got. I've seen about 10 differant pike species sold under this common name. Ranging from $20-$90 depending on which species. Now I don't think any amount is too much for a beautiful pike cichlid, but as you can tell from my handle name, I might be a bit biased.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im trying to take a picture of the pike. Do you think if I took a picture you could help me figure out what kind he/she is....?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I bought a "two spot pike" and it turned out to be a Crenicichla sp. "Belly Crawler Pike Cichlid"...

A picture would help a lot though

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Yeah, a pic can help pinpoint it or at least narrow it down. Some pikes are unable to zero in on an ID though, even with location data. But we can usually get it down to a decent number of species at the very least.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im trying to figure out how to take a picture with my camera using a fast shutter and no flash.....need to breakout the direction on this stupid camera LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts