Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a shipment of 30 cichlids for my new 120 gl. tank. I hooked up a drip line for an hour then put them in the tank. with in 5 minutes i noticed two of my yellow tails have little white spots on there lips. No other fish have them. It looks soft like a small piece of cotton. My guess is Columnaris??? Should I wait to see if it clears up, I'm a little nervous about doing a salt dip this soon after transport, plus I'm a little new to this. My tanks chemistry is good, I did a fishless cycle. I would include a picture if they would sit still for 2 seconds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been 24 hrs. and it hasn't gotten worse. I put 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallon. Plus I dosed the tank with Maracyn & Maracyn 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both fish are a bit shredded around the fins. All others looked good. Although I think that was light reflecting from my crappy camera.

·
Registered
554 Posts
agression perhaps? Now leading to the damaged mouth area growing fungal growths? Try anti-fungal remedies, and perhaps consider methods for handling agression.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts