Cichlid Fish Forum banner

2 cichlids to identify. Thank you!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fogelhund 
#1 ·
The orange one I believe is a zebra and would like to know if he has a more specific name. He's very shy and about 6-7"
The first blue guy we got with a few auratus' and his coloring is different than the other males.
The second blue guy is (i'm almost 100% positive) a male auratus, though may still be showing a bit of the juvenile coloring.
Thanks for looking~!

Thanks again!

See less See more
#3 ·
Agree with cichluded, the only fish that looks almost certainly pure is the last one and it is a Melanochromis chipokae.

#6 ·
First fish imight be M. estherae, it could be losing melanin due to age if it really is 6 to 7" long.

Second fish is most certainly not Metriaclima sp. msobo, I have a group of msobo and that fish isn't even in the ballpark. It likely does have some Melanochromis in it but thats about as close as I could get to identifying it.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the input. Especially about what I thought was the auratus. I was definitly off on that one. Their baby coloring is almost exactly alike with the exception of one little white stripe. Thats pretty cool in my book.
Thanks again :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.