Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank and sump pre setupo.jpg

Okay, so my local fish store is coming to level the tank plumb the sump and finish the set up on my 180 next Tuesday. I currently have an aquaneat 72" light from ebay. 2 EHEIM JAGE 200W heaters to put in the overflows. Jebao DC-12000 return pump, Bio media, 150ish lbs of carib sea cichlid sahara sand, and about 100 lbs of base rock. and some various species of anubias. I am interested in a circulation pump does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking about getting a icecap 3k gyre. however I am not sure if that would be enough, or if I should just go with multiple smaller circulation pumps? Also if I have forgotten anything let me know. Thanks all!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a Little Giant 3-MDQX-SC in my sump for my 180gal and the flow is very good. Your pump looks to have significantly higher max flow rate so I would think you'd be covered in that area for a typical malawi tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice tank! I was starting to think nobody ran sumps anymore on freshwater. I am currently getting back into the hobby and have a marineland 220 and crystal reef sump, and a current 3170 return pump currently ordered. I think sumps offer more in the way of media choices. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts