Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to set up very colorful all male mixed tank 135 gallon, 72x18x24 with an xf6 filter.
Would any of these work together? Also any additional suggestions is appreciated.

Taiwan Reef
Aulonocara Rubescens
yellow blaze lithoblaze
black itungi Acei
sunshine peacock
Yellow lab
White lab
Socolofi
Maingano
Ngara Flametail
Pseudotropheus Salousi
Aulonocara red berry
Aulonocara strawberryAulonocara Jacobfreibergi Eureka
Star sapphire

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
I would choose either haps and peacocks for an all male tank, ideally I would not mix them with mbuna.

Further, assuming you choose haps and peacocks, I would decide if you want more aggressive fish like taiwan reef and jacobfreibergi and hybrid peacocks like strawberry OR more timid haps and peacocks like rubescens, lithobates, ngara, star sapphire.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Shoot for 18 individuals that mature <= six inches. If you mix in larger fish like the sapphire then stay under 18. These will work.
Aulonocara Rubescens
yellow blaze lithoblaze
black itungi Acei
sunshine peacock
Yellow lab
White lab
Ngara Flametail
Star sapphire

Others to consider:
Aulonocara stuartgranti usisya
Peacock turkis
Copadichromis (chrysonotus or trewavasae or others that mature at six inches or less)
Protomelas marginatus

To fill out the tank you can do a breeding group of one of the mbuna, but then eliminate the other mbuna males. The mbuna are acei, yellow lab or white lab.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
The taiwan and the hybrid peacocks and jake. You could still use the mbuna. Maybe an empress or a borleyi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts