Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a fluval 404 and a fluval 304. is this enough. Im going to start with about 20 small fish. i am also wanting to do a 3d bg, so that may make the tank smaller. i have two 300 watt heaters. is there anything else i should be buying. any help would be great. thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also wanted to add that i need to make intakes and returns, can i make my intakes short in case the filters decide to leak so im cleaning up 20 gallons instead of 60. *** heard horror stories with the flavuls and leaking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some good reading. Do you think the fluval 404 and 304 have enough flow to circulate the water. or should i look into getting a circulation pump and putting it in a corner?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should i connect the filters in parallel and use a one inch pipe or give each filter its own intake and exit. If i do run them in parallel should i put the intake on one side and the exit on the other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.