Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. just need some advice.

im bored of my malawi tank and wanna change it to an all male tank.

The following fishes will stay:

- Copadichromis Azureus
- Placidochromis johnstoni solo
- Aulonocara baenschi benga
- Aulonocara kandensee kande

Thinking of adding:

Aulonocara chiwindi
Aulonocara ethelwynnae
Aulonocara stuartgranti ngara
Aulonocara brevinidus
Aulonocara chitande type north
Aulonocara saulosi green face likoma

So thats just 10 fish? Is it enough? I selected the new ones because they are rel. timid.

Thx very much.

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Just to confirm things first for the Peacock stocking 'Pros' around here.....
Your 125 gallon tank has a bottom 'footprint' size of, 18 inches" (45cm) X 72 inches (180cm).
Correct?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Shoot for 18 fish that mature <= six inches. You have peacocks that are on the timid side and you want fish that look NOTHING alike. So among peacocks it could be as simple as a red, a yellow and a blue.

The only color peacock you don't already have is red. If you want timid go with rubesens, skip the hybrids like dragonblood. The Aulonocara stuartgranti turkis is a light blue color if you can find it.

Fill in with haps. Consider Otopharynx tetrastigma, Protomelas marginatus, Copadichromis, Mylochromis, Placidochromis electra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
Shoot for 18 fish that mature <= six inches. You have peacocks that are on the timid side and you want fish that look NOTHING alike. So among peacocks it could be as simple as a red, a yellow and a blue.

The only color peacock you don't already have is red. If you want timid go with rubesens, skip the hybrids like dragonblood. The Aulonocara stuartgranti turkis is a light blue color if you can find it.

Fill in with haps. Consider Otopharynx tetrastigma, Protomelas marginatus, Copadichromis, Mylochromis, Placidochromis electra.
thank you. so for example blue neon/ethelwynnae/chitande are too similar and i should only get 1 of these?

otherwise my list would be:

Copadichromis azureus
Protomelas Johnstoni solo
Aulonocara kandensee kande
Aulonocara baenschi benga
Aulonocara blue neon Chiwindi
Aulonocara ethelwynnae
Aulonocara stuartgranti Ngara
Aulonocara brevinidus
Aulonocara chitande type north Nkhata Bay
Aulonocara saulosi green face Likoma
Aulonocara red rubin
Aulonocara türkis
Placidochromis electra Likoma

think 13 should be fine...

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
For example blue neon/ethelwynnae/chitande are too similar and i should only get 1 of these? Yes.

Also ngara, brevinidus and saulosi are blue peacocks so I would choose one. I don't see the brevinidus available on the lists. I would expect your kande to fail to color in all male, they tend to be too timid in all male and are good in a species tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts