Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a few ideas.

This tank is running but its residents are leaving. (They dont know that).

I used to have a 8'x3'x2' tank, that I sold because I was away on business for 3 years and the wife couldnt keep it up. Then we never moved. Now I miss that tank. It was a hap tank.

Since I have had CA tanks. I miss my Haps.

I prefer the more streamlined predator bodystles over the colorful peacocks. Even Copadochromis is not my cup of tea.

Dimidochromis, Exochromis, Nimbo, Bucco's, Fuscos, Champs, these were the fish I enjoyed.

Since this tank is a tiny 6' with only 9sqft of floor space, I am thinking perhaps 1M 4F type tank.

I really am not sure what I want fish wise. Not sure what works in this small of a tank. I want a more open water fish.

I want reasonable suggetions. Since the tank is only 18" wide, I personally feel a fish attaining 9/10" in length is my max. Since most predators are larger, I am not sure what some good ideas are.

I am not into high aggression fish. I mean I dont mind a mail chasing his ladies around the tank on occasion, but I dont want a tank with two males lip locking.

Help get me back on track with some focus!

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a mishmash of haps/peacocks, of the larger guys, I like the following:

Mylochromis ericotaenia
Bucchochromis Rhoadesii (lucked out with a calm one)
Protomelas Spilonotus Liuli
Fossochromis Rostratus
Exochromis Anagenys
Otopharynx Lithobate Z-Rock
Tyrranochromis Nigriventer (once again, lucked out)

Would love to try out (but too big):
Dimidiochromis kiwinge
Dimidiochromis strigatus

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I don't own any but love the pics of the Protomelas Spilonotus Liuli. They are supposed to be very docile as well. Also Pheno star sapphires are interesting as they get larger. I would have t have some Syno Multies as bottom dwellers and to let them reproduce as well.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Floridagirl said:
I don't own any but love the pics of the Protomelas Spilonotus Liuli. They are supposed to be very docile as well. Also Pheno star sapphires are interesting as they get larger.
I have a Liuli and a Phenochilus Tanzania and both are docile. Also, the Tanzania is a real brilliant blue as a juvenile so he's gorgeous from the get-go.
-Depending on your final stock list, I would definitely recommend these two! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts