Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List - 125 gallon with Argonite Sand and Texas Holy Rock

Electric Yellow
Demasoni
Ngara Flametail
Saulosi
Red Zebras
SP 44
Yellow Tail Acei
Red Top Hongi
Electric Blue Ahli
EBA - OB
Kenyi
Super Red Emperess
Insignis
Rustys
Blue Dolphins
Venestus

- Video of Tank













 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
The holey rock looks great and you have some really nice looking fish.
I hope for your sake that the aggressive mbuna don't beat up on the timid peacocks and haps. :oops:
How long have you had the tank stocked?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have had the tank setup almost a year now. Most of the Mbuna were introduced with the Haps and Peacocks and because of the number of fish I dont ever see aggression in my tank. None of the fish are agressive towards one another and dont have territory issues. Luckily I have not had a fish death in over 5 months so I am happy:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
What a gorgeous tank!would you mind telling me where you got your Texas holey rock?I'm located in Texas as well and wanted to know if its easy to come by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Gr8 tank.

Love the rocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
I like the clean, bright look of the tank. I don't normally like blue backgrounds but it works perfectly with your tank :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 3 local fish stores in Austin I go to. Rivercity Aquatic, Amazonia aquarium, and Aquatek. All sell holy rock most the time for about 1.99 lb. Rivercity has 2 really nice pieces at the moment . Those are pretty good places to look otherwise it's all over central Tx.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
406 Posts
Fionn2003 said:
125 gallon with Argonite Sand and Texas Holy Rock

- Video of Tank
WOW thats a nice tank and you have some HUGE holey rocks in there. What brand / model camera did you use to take that video?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Fionn2003 said:
My Demasoni keeps having fry, this is her third batch in like 6 months lol!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That really looks like a Kenyi to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Fionn2003 said:
Have had the tank setup almost a year now. Most of the Mbuna were introduced with the Haps and Peacocks and because of the number of fish I dont ever see aggression in my tank. None of the fish are agressive towards one another and dont have territory issues. Luckily I have not had a fish death in over 5 months so I am happy:)
How do you keep your holey rock that clean! Algae loves mine :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Sorry, just never seen them that light blue. I mean, my avatar pic (a kenyi) looks more like a demasoni than that one. :)

Great picture though.

Still love the tank (and I do like Kenyi's)... just curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glaneon said:
Sorry, just never seen them that light blue. I mean, my avatar pic (a kenyi) looks more like a demasoni than that one. :)

Great picture though.

Still love the tank (and I do like Kenyi's)... just curious
Lol no problem.. When she is holding eggs her color is feint I have noticed. When she is with the male in the 125 gallon she is very very dark in color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
60gallon said:
Fionn2003 said:
125 gallon with Argonite Sand and Texas Holy Rock

- Video of Tank
WOW thats a nice tank and you have some HUGE holey rocks in there. What brand / model camera did you use to take that video?
I shot the tank with a Samsung HZ30W. 15X zoom camera.

Video is not to bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glaneon said:
Fionn2003 said:
Have had the tank setup almost a year now. Most of the Mbuna were introduced with the Haps and Peacocks and because of the number of fish I dont ever see aggression in my tank. None of the fish are agressive towards one another and dont have territory issues. Luckily I have not had a fish death in over 5 months so I am happy:)
How do you keep your holey rock that clean! Algae loves mine :)
I think it has to do with my lighting. I don't have a intense T5 system on my tank. Just the standard lights that came with my 6 foot fixture so It is harder for algae to attach to my rock.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top