Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to set up a 125 gal tank and am looking for stocking suggestions. I have done so much reading and research that now i am totally at a loss. have considered an all male peacock tk or a frontosa setup. but all opinions and preferences are appreciated. i know it comes down to what i want but at this point i'm soooo confused. currently have two 75 gal tks set one with mbuna and the other with fish that couldnt cope with the mbuna and the 125 and a 20 sitting. any and all opinions would be appreciated :? :? :?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm partial to peacocks and haps and you could get some nice haps in that tank.
Fronts would like nice as well. It all depends on what you want.

Fronts or Peacocks/Haps- relaxing set-up
Mbunas- entertaining set-up

·
Registered
466 Posts
What exactly do you have in that other 75? You could make that into a nice Peacock/Hap tank and make your 125 into a Frontosa setup. That's what I would try to do, but really depends on what is in your other 75.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would suggest Haps/Peacocks for a 6' tank for 3 reasons:

1. Bigger fish will catch your guests attention more easily.
2. They are more active so the movement of color is nice to watch.
3. You can toss a bunch of Frontosa with the Haps/Peacocks without any problems. Best of both worlds!

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=226124

** My Burundi Front is hiding somewhere in those pics **

Best of luck! 125g will allow you to do A LOT!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not 100% sure that is you toss a 'bunch of frontosa' in with a hap/peacock set up that you will get the best growth/coloring/behaviour from your fronts. Most front keepers will keep only one group of Fronts...if you decide to go that way then take your time and make sure to get really good stock....don't just buy the first Burundis you see at the LFS.

I like the above posters idea....If I had all 3 of your tanks, I'd do one breeding Mbuna in a 75, one all male peacock/hap in a 75, and fronts in the 125

·
Registered
363 Posts
Haps and peacocks, mbuna, predator haps, fronts, petrochromis... there's a ton of things you can do with a 125. Ask 10 different folks and get 10 different answers.

It really comes down to what you like. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts