Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just finishing up a whole house move and am placing one of my 125s in the basement and am pondering my tank placement. The basement has new Pergo installed. I was just curious if anyone thinks I should put a rug down under the wood stand or just place it directly on the wood floor.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a 4 foot 60 gallon directly on my Pergo. If you put a rug under it and spill water on it, it could be a problem. With the Pergo, just mop up any spills.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Jmanolinsky said:
I have a 4 foot 60 gallon directly on my Pergo. If you put a rug under it and spill water on it, it could be a problem. With the Pergo, just mop up any spills.
+1 on this. Its not like it will be sliding around scratching anything. Just be careful when you set it in place and it will never move again until you want it too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The only thing I would be concerned with is what is the footprint of your stand like?? Is the weight spread over the entire bottom of the stand or does it only contact the ground in like 6 places?? If it's only touching in a few places It could dent the flooring.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Is the pergo floor on concrete?,Is the concrete level?
A friend of mine had a similar issue,he cut the wood floor, made it level with thinset,and laid tiles
his concrete floor sloped towards a drain,and the wood was cushioned

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and put it directly on the wood floor. It is solid, level and sitting perfect.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I had a 135g tank bust on my brand new laminate floor. It survived fairly well, actually. (It ended up being about 70g of water spilled, not the whole tank). The 125g I replaced it with sat in the same spot for about 2 years before we moved. The floor was not affected by the tank at all. Some spots were permanently affected at the seams by the water, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts