Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
2,095 Posts
Really curious to see how these modules work out...

I have a 72" - 180 that i am putting together right now. Those backgrounds are just too expensive... This may be a viable route...

· Banned
2,095 Posts
I was assuming that the freight would be significantly cheaper atleast...

I was thinking of module 2, 3 & 4 only... Adding the slimline really makes it expensive...

· Banned
2,095 Posts
Gotcha...

I want the Canyon Rock also but the only guys that seem to have it in 72" are the guys in Canada (where you got yours) & apparently they won't ship to the US...

Maybe they would if I called instead of ordering online? Import customs would probably be really bad though - maybe not. Dunno.

I have the Malawi Rock in my 120 & it's front to back depth looks awesome but just takes up too much room.. That is a 24" depth too. Way too bid for 18" depth. It is H U G E!

Like I said - really interested to see how this works out for you... Imitation afterall is the greatest for of flattery..

· Banned
2,095 Posts
For sure. If all goes well from here I just might have finished this over budget, over time and not the way I meant it!
Well... If it met all of those parameters it wouldn't have been nearly as fun!

· Banned
2,095 Posts
That is an awesome looking tank and the Millennium Falcon is truly a nice touch! :lol:

What kind of lights are you using? Are those LED pendants?

· Banned
2,095 Posts
Ah.. Ok.

Ya know, some jungle valisneria would look great in the gap along the back glass...

Also - have you considered what you are stocking it with?

· Banned
2,095 Posts
ridley25 said:
cantrell00 said:
Ya know, some jungle valisneria would look great in the gap along the back glass...
I might give that a try. I guess the worst thing that can happen is it gets shredded by...

cantrell00 said:
Also - have you considered what you are stocking it with?
...the 5 species of mbuna I'm putting in there.

1. Labeotropheus fuelleborni
2. Metriaclima sp. "msobo"
3. Pseudotropheus demasoni
4. Pseudotrophues sp. "williamsi north"
5. Labidochromis joanjohnsonae
and the synodontis njassae I have had in my 38 gallon since March.

kevin
Awesome..

I have actually had pretty decent luck withe the large amazon swords.

Demasoni, huh? Good luck. They frustrated me to no end & I eventually threw in the towel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.