Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to explore the cost of a conversion and see what might be a good species list. also if it might be possible to keep 1-2 species in a 1m:4f group and the rest as all males.
Overall goals are two-fold: a "calmer" tank instead of a "spirited" tank. Slightly understocked at fully grown to keep the group as long as they can live in the 125g.
I am using a FX6 plus a Cascade 1500 for filtration plus a large Hydro Sponge driven by a Fluval pump. This is a living room show tank and the plan will be to obtain premium males at the higher price point.

Fish i would like to keep from current stocking - C. borleyi and P. electra. Even better if I can keep them as 1m:4f.

So Option 1: what male species could live with the above grouping?

Option 2: If i can only keep 1 male borleyi and 1 male electra, what else could be purchased to round out the tank

Option 3: If the borleyi has to go, what can live with the electra?

Thank you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having rehoming issues because most folks dont want to take 1-3 fish and end up with poor ratios in their tanks!! So to help the immediate problem, I thought of a larger full species group removal.

Maleri, acei, yellow labs, astatotilapia = gone and then build up a with a smaller add-on of colored male haps or peacocks to go with the Borleyi and Electra. Reduce bioload and add color or so i was thinking.

still investigating and collecting info while I wait for interested parties and increase my WC percentages per your recommendation 2 days back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the advice. I will see what comes off the rehoming activity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts