Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on Cichlid-Forum, although I’ve greatly benefited from this community for many years.

I’d really appreciate some tank stocking advice. I’m setting up a new (to me) 120g aquarium (48” x 24” x 24”), and I’d love to setup a frontosa species tank with a small colony of around 5-7 fish. If I went this route, I’d plan on aquascaping the tank in such a way that maximizes swimming space. Even so, I’m worried that such a tank wouldn’t be big enough for the frontosa to thrive long-term. Thoughts?

If that’s right (and fronts aren’t a viable option), then I was thinking about going with around 5-7 blue dolphin cichlids (Cyrtocara moorii) with around 6 Altolamprologus compressiceps (fire fin). Wouild that work? Or would the blue dolphin stress out the compressiceps? If breeding occurred within either group, would aggression levels in the tank be unbearable?

Failing all that, I’ll probably go with either mbuna or tropheus (although I’m worried about how expensive it’ll be setting up a colony of tropheus!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts