Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have found a pretty good deal on a 120G. My only concern is its the short 120. (48 1/2 x 24 1/4 x 25 1/2). I am wanting to do a 120 for a peacock and hap tank. Would this one work or do I really need to wait for a 120G long?

·
Registered
690 Posts
It depends on what species but you can do a Peacock / Hap tank in a 4ft.

6ft would be better since some haps can get 6"+.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I agree with Sub-Mariner, the 48" tank is good if you stick to males that mature <= six inches. I like 12 individuals in a 48" tank and 18 individuals in a 72" tank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I picked up the tank this weekend. I ended up reinforcing the stand as it just didnt seem to be very sturdy for a tank that would end up being 1400 lbs. Was kicking the idea around of what filter to go with. I originally was going to go with 2 Eheim 2217s as I really like the one I have on my 55. That changed today when I stopped by Petsmart to grab some mealworms for another pet and noticed they had the Fluval FX6 on sale for $229. Score!!! So this afternoon I got the back panel of the tank painted, got 150 lbs of pool filter sand cleaned up as best I could and got her all hooked up and running to get the water all dialed in and start a fishless cycle tomorrow. So stoked on how little I will have spent on this setup thus far. Now time to spend some time planning on a fish list of Peacocks and Haps for this tank. Already have a pair of small Venustus and a pair of juvenile Regal Blues growing out in the 55.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts