Cichlid Fish Forum banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
They are 32W each I just looked them up on the Home Depot site.. Yeah they will have shorter life but the tubes are cheap.. and I have been running that setup on my 55g, its working quite well..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Not a big update but I found where my leak issues were, and fixed them.. its just curing now and I'm trying to forget about it for now :)

At any rate here is a pic of the water going in from my first little test... Ignore that one puddle you see under the left side, the hose fell out on me and dumped some water before I could get to it. And I didnt have it in me to show the mess of the leak :oops:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very cool just dying to get out the scuba gear LOL.

In case is isn't well known there are epoxies that are meant to cure underwater, perhaps for the small leaks that stuff could be used rather than a full drain and fix. Just a thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It has been pretty cool to follow the progress on this. I actually had similar plans for my basement 4000 gallon tank. I am going to have a hatch thru the top that goes into a room above. With this plan, my wife will not have a hard time lowering herself in with the mermaid suit and scrubby pad on Superbowl Sunday. :lol: Will be interesting to see how you fashion the lid. Keep up the great posts.

·
Banned
103 Posts
I found a ebay auction that is a 1000 gallons acrylic tank. It was I think something like 96" x72 x 24" 1" on top and bottom and 3/4" on the walls. So in theory it will work with 1/2".

·
Registered
555 Posts
parkayandbutter said:
I found a ebay auction that is a 1000 gallons acrylic tank. It was I think something like 96" x72 x 24" 1" on top and bottom and 3/4" on the walls. So in theory it will work with 1/2".
Methinks you're in the wrong thread :lol:

·
Registered
437 Posts
parkayandbutter said:
Was that meant for my thread lol? :lol: :lol: :lol:

201 - 211 of 211 Posts