Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Well..... I used a puppy to get my way LOL... So I'm out of ideas for you. OR you can conceed to her that she wears the pants in the family and proceed to thank her for allowing you to love her.... Nothin' like a little brown nosing :lol: Then hand her flowers and beg for forgiveness :D

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Did you screw that first layer of 2x4 plate? If so, I'd unscrew it and get the floor sheeted first, then build the walls on the sheeted floor. That is one thing I should have done. I didn't because I didn't really have approval from the boss and I didn't have the sheeting yet. Typically that's how a house is framed. I ended up having to go around and brace the sheeting on the edges.... dumb....

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Good news, can't wait to see fish in it :D

One thing I wanted to mention... If you do 2x4's one foot on center for the walls there's no reason to use 3/4" plywood. Especially if you plan to go the hardie drylok method. Also if you plan to use the shower drains as bulkheads you won;t be able to use anything thicker than 1/2" for sheeting as the threads for he shower drains do not go very far.... :x One of mine leaks if you sneeze on it :x

Of course all I'd have to do is break down and buy regular bulkheads but I'm a cheap s.o.b. :D

Enjoying the show :)
:popcorn: :popcorn: :dancing:

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I should have taken my time and completed the room before putting fish in. I should have test filled for a few weeks then drained it then finished the room. Now i'm afraid I'm going to have to do something drastic... like tear it apart and make it bigger :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts