Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the chances that a 10 gallon growout tank would be a good canidate to be a planted tank. My main concern is the limited size (of course) and the fact that I will be using a HOB filter. Worried that the surface aggitation would make it too hard to keep the CO2 levels in a good area. Nothing special going on here, have more than enough light options around my garage to use, just want to dabble with plants before I go large scale.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is going to be REALLY hard to get them out when you do. I had a silk planted tank with 5 yellow labs earlier this year and when I moved them to my 29 i had to take every fake plant out

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is going to be REALLY hard to get them out when you do. I had a silk planted tank with 5 yellow labs earlier this year and when I moved them to my 29 i had to take every fake plant out

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My growout tank is 20 gallon and it works fine. The standard light bulb didn't do too well so I upgraded it. I also add excel but not as often as they say, I only do it weekly.

As far as getting them out when the time comes about a week before I want anyone out I start feeding them with the net (putting the food in the net then dropping in the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts