Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Gorgeous fish, nice build, well done. =D> I remember that thread.

Do you get a lot of folks that walk in and ask "is that salt water"?

·
Registered
714 Posts
wow!!! you need more fish in that understocked tank! :lol:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Just finished the build thread. Congratulations on a fine accomplishment. Kudos to your wife also for her patience and understanding ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
In one of the early pictures with fish in the tank I saw a few that were mostly yeallo, blue on the face, and orange on the shoulder. I have seen a couple of those at my LFS, but they do a bad job of labeling their peacocks beyond "yellow peacock" and such. Do you happen to remember what those were/are (if you even still have them)? If not, no biggie, but I just figured they were hybrids at the LFS. Considered picking one up for my peacock tank (since there would be no breeding), but hadn't done it yet. If it's not a hybrid then I will be much more intersted.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Still amazing!

Have to wait until I get home to watch zee videos.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This thing fascinates me!!! I have been reading your build thread as time permits, and the detail you've put into planning and executing is nothing short of amazing. In reading your build thread, somone mentioned the difficulty you would have in catching a fish. Good luck with that :p . Anyway, my question is realated. What do you do if a fish dies?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sjnovakovich said:
This thing fascinates me!!! I have been reading your build thread as time permits, and the detail you've put into planning and executing is nothing short of amazing. In reading your build thread, somone mentioned the difficulty you would have in catching a fish. Good luck with that :p . Anyway, my question is realated. What do you do if a fish dies?
To catch a fish that is alive I have to do a night attack with a flashlight. For dead fish - you never see them. Once in a great while you may see a bone , but even that is rare. There have only been a couple where I was actually able to get a body, otherwise they are consumed quickly. Creepy huh? :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
our40 said:
Wat is ur water bill a month wit a thank that size cuz of the weekly watter changes lol
It is actually a very easy tank to take care of. I do a 25% water change every other week. I can get away with it because the tank is actually lightly stocked for its size. That is about 500 gallons a month, pennies pretty much. Now the heating bill, that is another story!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts