Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can fit in there? I was looking on the Cichlid-Forum, and for the "cookie-cutter" size, there was the Cockatoo, which is too rich for my blood, and the the other two needed too low of a p.h. then what I have. I have a sand substrate, and thinking about it, would a male be okay by itself? I don't really want fry, and was thinking maybe just a male would be okay by itself, or maybe with a couple Cory's of some kind? Do GBR's need company? I've seen these at one place and thought they were gorgeous.

I suppose my other option would be shell-dwellers. I'm not sure I understand if they need shells (sorry for the newbie questions), or what, but I'm kinda looking for something with a bit more colour than what the http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/c ... er_10g.php site showed. I may be asking too much for even wanting a Cichlid in a 10 gallon, but figured I would ask some people first. Thanks,

Cory

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What is your ph?

You could do a planted tank, for color, with a school of white clouds moving through the plants and cherry shrimp for cleanup crew.
It would be like a little piece of art in your home.

These are not cichlids, though.

I think most will advise the 10 gallon is pretty small unless you go with multifasciatus, which are the small shellies.
Yes, they like to have shells and yes, more than likely will produce fry...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Might want to give up on the cichlid idea in a small tank. I have a 3 gallon eclipse that I thought about making a shell dweller tank, but quickly dismissed it. I ended up making it a planted tank with a few danios in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I couldn't even do a single male cichlid of some kind in there? I don't want fry, which is why I'm leaning away from the Multie's...any other options?

·
Registered
112 Posts
get a single male bolivian ram....they are nice, a good size, and have nice color. I had mine in my 10 gallon..my ph is 8.0 from the tap, and I didn't so anything to lower it, and he spawned with the female that I had in there with him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts