Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I became interested in Cichlids when I picked up a few African Cichlids without knowing what they really were… long story short I want to make the jump from a cramped 20 gallon to a 90 (or maybe even a 110 tank). My question is this, would it be better to buy to AC110 filters (local pet store sell’s them for $60 each) or buy a Marineland c-360 (for about $175). If GPM’s are what counts the two AC110’s would flow 1,000 gpm while the marineland would do 360. Two marinelands are out of the question as I’m stretching my budget to get the biggest tank I can afford right now. Thanks. PS for what it’s worth I could also run my Wisper30 just because I’d have it lying around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if over filteration is the goal the two AC110's claim they could handle 220 gallons of water while the c360 is made for a max 100 gallon tank.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the two AC110's... Should I worry about water circulation at all? It just seems that these filters would neglect the bottom of the tanks, esp. if i went with a 110.

·
Registered
572 Posts
yeah I'll go with the AC 1110s I have three AC 110 on my 225gl..

·
Registered
141 Posts
noj33 said:
Thanks. I think I'm going to go with the two AC110's... Should I worry about water circulation at all? It just seems that these filters would neglect the bottom of the tanks, esp. if i went with a 110.
Trust me.... That AC 110 will reach all the way to the bottom of the tank. I have pool filter sand in one of my 75 gallon tanks, and the AC 110 will part a whole in the sand. I have the exact same setup as you are talking about. I promise you that if you add a little filter floss to each of the AC 110 your tank will be crystal clear.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you can also modify 1 or both of the 110s by adding a cut piece of tube for say an old undergravel filter to the short intake of the 110. then you can add a emp 400 strainer to that and increase water flow also.
mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, i went and picked up 2 AC110's today. Should do the trick on my new 90 gallon tank. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts