Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
馃毇馃毇馃毇馃毇馃毇HELP馃毇馃毇馃毇馃毇馃毇

75 Gallon
15 male peacocks
FX6
Wave maker
80 degree
All fish came from Ron鈥檚 Cichlids and Imperial tropical. I鈥檝e had 10 for about 6 weeks. The rest were added about 2ish weeks later.
tank is cycled.
I use tap water and add prime.
I do overfeed but I test every other day and water change every 4-5 days.

I had one die about 1.5 weeks ago. Assumed it was bullying/stress. Everyone else seemed fine.
4 days ago I noticed Lemon Jake stopped eating. Started Ron鈥檚 medicated food. Now I have 4 sometimes 5 that aren鈥檛 eating. A few have stringy white poop. A few now have slightly sunken bellies. I treated 2 days ago with General Cure and added the second dose today after a 25-30% water change. I did remove chemipure and purigen from canister first.
This evening I feel like now they are all breathing hard. I just checked all my parameters (last pix) and everything looks ok. I don鈥檛 know what else I can/should do.

Water Vertebrate Fin Organism Fish

Water Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology
Writing implement Office supplies Finger Marker pen Line
Hand Product Fluid Liquid Finger

Administrator
If those test results were after your last water change, I would change 50% tomorrow to get the nitrate closer to 10ppm.

Finish with the General Cure (as it has some metronidazole in it) but if the fish are still not eating I would switch to pure metronidazole. You will likely have to buy it online so you may want to order it now.

See the article in the Cichlid-forum Library for how to treat bloat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If those test results were after your last water change, I would change 50% tomorrow to get the nitrate closer to 10ppm.

Finish with the General Cure (as it has some metronidazole in it) but if the fish are still not eating I would switch to pure metronidazole. You will likely have to buy it online so you may want to order it now.

Should I wait the 48 hours after treatment before water change like API says. Or just go ahead and do it tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Where should I order the metronidazole from? Do you trust this kinda stuff with amazon? Is it Metro Plex?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts