Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Temperament vs Conspecific Temperament

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
Sorry about all the questions. Going through the fish stores list of Mbuna then checking this forum Species profiles. Temperament is described as Peaceful, Mildly Aggressive, Aggressive, highly aggressive, extremely aggressive.
Often they are friendly with strangers not so much with family.
So would it be more important to be friendly with strangers or with family or do you want both?
Assuming I should steer clear of highly and extremely.
Should I stick with peaceful and Mildly aggressive or can I consider Aggressive as well? Not many fish in the first two. Bill
:fish:

#2 ·
It is hard to generalize. Let's try this. Here is a good stocking for a 48" tank that is 18" or wider. These are all mildly aggressive.

1m:4f Labidochromis caeruleus
1m:4f Pseudotropheus acei
1m:4f Iodotropheus sprengerae
1m:4f Cynotilapia zebroides Cobue

So then the Q is what aggressive species did you like enough to ask about?

Often it is easier for you to pick your favorite species and let us stock around them. I would not choose auratus for a 48" tank however.

#4 ·
Code:
1m:4f Labidochromis caeruleus 1
1m:4f Pseudotropheus acei 2
1m:4f Iodotropheus sprengerae 3
1m:4f Cynotilapia zebroides Cobue 4

So then the Q is what aggressive species did you like enough to ask about?
Often it is easier for you to pick your favorite species and let us stock around
An answer to your question and thanks for your interest. First 3 on your list are in. very much like and want the Maingaro. Can you suggest 2 from the last 5? Like to include an OB if it works.
Fish available at my store
Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove I) Electric Yellow Peaceful Mildly Aggressive yes for sure
Iodotropheus sprengerae Rusty Peaceful mildly aggressive yes for sure
Pseudotropheus acei Yellow Tail Acei . Peaceful Mildly Aggressive yes for sure
Cynotilapia zebroides (Cobue Afra Edwardi Peaceful Mildly Aggressive not at my store
Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos Maingano Mildly Aggressive Mildly Aggressive want this guy very much
Metriaclima estherae (OB) Red Zebra Mildly Aggressive Aggressive ????
Pseudotropheus socolofi (Albino) Albino Pindani Mildly Aggressive Mildly Aggressive ????
Labeotropheus fuelleborni Marmalade Fuelliborni Aggressive Aggressive ??????
Pseudotropheus sp. "Williamsi North" Williamsi Blue Lips Mildly Aggressive Mildly Aggressive ????
Labidochromis sp. "Hongi Kimpuma Mildly Aggressive Aggressive ?????

DJ I hope you or anyone else can help with this. Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.