Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species • 60 gallon stocking, zebra obliquidens and ?

Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.

Moderators: samaki, StructureGuy

60 gallon stocking, zebra obliquidens and ?

Postby Floridagirl » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi all. I have a 60 gallon that I want to put my 6 zebra obliquedens in. 2/4 ratio. They have been growing out in a 90 gallon with mbuna. I would like to put them in with Peacocks or Another Vic group that have a more protein rich diet than the mbuna do.
I would be shipping fish in with many great options. The 60 gallon is standard 55 gallon footprint put, but slightly taller. What would yo do?
Too many fish to choose from, too few tanks!
Floridagirl

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: 60 gallon stocking, zebra obliquidens and ?

Postby DJRansome » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:33 pm

You want a peacock or hap that is pretty brave to go with the astatotilapia in a 55G. Brave peacocks like jacobfreigergi or hybrids are not always ideal for 48x12.

Peacock? Maybe a red shoulder?

Hap? Maybe electra?

I had to remove latifasciata from a hap and peacock tank, but I had the wimpier haps and peacocks in that tank.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Floridagirl » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks, DJ. Hope you are well! Haven’t been on in a while. Moved 3 times the last 5 years, but we are back in Florida in our forever home. I’ve been looking at scenarios all week. My 15 Tropheus are ready to leave the 60 for the 90. I saw an interesting tank that was Tropheus, Yellow Labs and the Zebra Obliquedens. I’m now thinking of my Tropheus Kiriza II with white Labs and these guys. I’ve never been a fan of mixing lakes, but, now, I think I might give this a go, and move the other Mbuna in the 90 to the 55. I can readjust later need be. It would be nice to have a peacock group though.
Too many fish to choose from, too few tanks!
Floridagirl

Postby SoccerMbunaAndShak » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Man...I wish I was in Florida. Last night, we had a late frost. Hopefully, my plants are alright. The week before, we had a high of 93...smh.
SoccerMbunaAndShak

Return to Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species