Lake Tanganyika Species • I have 10 frontosa's I'm not sure

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Re: I have 10 frontosa's I'm not sure

Postby Frontosa Mark » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:38 am

just to let you know I have bought a 72" 24" 24" brand new tank off ebay for £295 I'm just waiting for it to be delivered which is a pain because I have to wait up to 3 weeks
But when it arrives I'm changing the substrate and putting a pictured back ground on the back of the tank rather than painting it black (which is why the Frontosa are a dark colour I hope) I have listened to what you all have said and thank you for your information
Frontosa Mark

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Frontosa Mark » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 pm

I got a larger tank 72" 24" 24" cost me an arm and leg but its for the better now that I have bigger tank what kinda waterchangesdo I need to be making 25% or more
just waiting for them just their colour now.
Frontosa Mark

Postby Frontosa Mark » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 pm

I have bigger tank now 72" 24" 24" cost me an arm and leg but it's for the better

One last question before I'm done what kinda capacity water changes do I need to be making now that I have a 72" tank is 25%per week enough or do I need to up it to 40%
Frontosa Mark

Postby Frontosa Mark » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Me again
One last question before I sign off What are the benefits of using sea salt in the aquarium
regards mark
Frontosa Mark

Postby DJRansome » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:18 pm

Only use salt as a medication if your fish have ich.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby ken31cay » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 am

Frontosa Mark wrote:I have bigger tank now 72" 24" 24" cost me an arm and leg but it's for the better

One last question before I'm done what kinda capacity water changes do I need to be making now that I have a 72" tank is 25%per week enough or do I need to up it to 40%

72x24x24 is an all round good size tank, and is one of the ones I have. I recommend 50% or more per week WC. I do 75%. Shoot to keep your nitrates at 20ppm or lower and you will be good.

For water changes I use a Python water changer. Instead of letting my tap water run when emptying the tank I use a water pump which is quicker and I don't waste all that water running the tap. The python hose ends are 3/4" Hose Threaded and I have a water pump that has 3/4" Pipe Threaded outlet so I use a 3/4" Hose Thread to Pipe Thread adapter. All the water pumps I've seen are Pipe Threaded so that's something to be aware of.
450gal Frontosa (blue Zaire Moba) & haps
180gal school of Red Rainbowfish
ken31cay

Previous

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species