Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Who spawned in your tank today ?!!!!

311K views 2K replies 421 participants last post by  Iggy Newcastle 
#1 ·
A. Stuartgranti Maleri Island- 1st spawn so not expecting much from her

F1 Cyno. Afra Cobue- 1 of 3 holding, other 2 have tubes down- whoohoo, love this fish

#1,528 ·
Julidochromis ornatus again ... same deal as before: maybe 15 - 20 eggs on the back wall.

The front glass on the tank has some algae on it so it's hard to say for sure, but I thought I saw some movement on the back wall of the tank (which is painted black) ... so there may be some fry in there.

#1,531 ·
My yellow labs. I recently changes the rocks around because the dominant yellow lab was being very aggressive for an extended period of time being relentless to the other labs. Three days late he staked out another area and today they were exhibiting spawning behaviors.

#1,533 ·
Brown BNP's ... they recently got a new, more roomy terra cotta cave ... :D

Angelfish ... probably a couple hundred eggs. If any of them survive they will be a cross between a zebra and a black veil. Given past history, the eggs will be gone in the morning. Still need to get a piece of slate so the eggs can be removed ... :roll:

J. marlieri ... keep seeing smaller fry appearing under their rock.

J. dickfeldi ... kind of the same deal as the J. marlieri ... the little ones just keep showing up, a few at a time.

S. fryeri x 2 ... now that I've gotten an egg tumbler, I plan on stripping them.

Need to get more tanks set up to grow out fry ... :?

#1,545 ·
Where do I start??? My Rusty Cichlid is now pregnant for the 3rd time since I started up the tank in January, while my Acei cichlid is holding eggs now for the first time, I am super excited about this! My auratus cichlid just had her first set of babies, and I found one survivor yesterday, living in a crevice between two rocks. What do you think are her chances for survival? I don't have a separate tank to grow her out. What do you suggest I do? Thanks.