Cichlid Fish Forum banner

"Multifasciatus" specific tank in progress !!

14K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  rockarolla70 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
This is my 39" long "Multies" tank whihc was getting ready, finally done with it. Running the tank for one week with my previous multi's matured tank media. Presently have a very uneven ratio in my 10-gal tank (6 males + 3 females), I was waiting for my LFS to source more females. Today got a word from the LFS that they have procured a stock 8 females + 2 males for this project of mine.

Tank Dimension
- 36" (Width) x 13" (Depth) x 12" (Height)

Water Volume
- 100 liters (approx)

Filters (HOB)
- AquaClear 20 + AquaClear 30

Scaping
- Natural River Rocks (handpicked for this)
- 100% natural Play Sand + Nile Sand
- Escargot shells - 72 numbers (in-stock) yet to be added.

What I need help is ... for this above project how many males & females would do ?? Any other suggestion from you folks are most welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Hi All,
Have a new problem in my tank, one of my smaller female multi has some sort of infection. Can anyone throw some light on this. I have attached a picture.

Past 4 days I hardly used to see her out of the shell during day, she only used to be out in the evening and during feeding time. Today morning during feeding time I observed this problem. Help me out.

Help appreciated in advance !!

Attachments

#31 ·
Hi Folks,
Bad news first ??? :'(
I lost another bigger female today (sometime during day), I've attached the pic below along with my water parameters readings. Rest of the multie's are doing fine as of now and no weird symptoms at all.
- No fights in the tank.
- No rocks to crush the fishes cause all my rock are glued to the bottom of the tank.
- No excess feeding.
- Even today morning I did not see any bloating or no signs of fungal infections at all, the fish looked fit. Never took the feeding since y'day evening.
- Filtration is prefect, I don't suspect any lack of oxygen issues
- Check the water parameters today (Pic attached) all seems to be prefect except Ammonia, kindly check my pic and confirm if it is 0.0ppm or 0.25ppm. By the color I felt it is 0.0ppm.

Kindly let me know what might be going wrong with the tank.

Good news
- A week back I have approx 10 new-born from one the female & all look good & are swimming freely.
- Been feeding the young ones with Hikari Tropical First Bites, I see them eating well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.