Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Which Vendor has the best peacocks?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ken31cay 
#1 ·
Thanks for opening this up.

I am getting back into the Malawi game and am looking for the most eye-catching peacocks I can order online.

I am specifically looking for a aulonocara rubescens, but anything else with bright reds, blues, or yellows would be good too.

It is hard to piece through all of the online vendors. Especially when I know that the photos of the fish they have on their website aren't all that accurate.

Are there any specific vendors that just have awesome fish right now?

Jeff Rapps used to be a go-to guy, but I see he has closed up shop.

#2 ·
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

You can look at Retailer Reviews or PM Mods or Members for recommendations. Cichlid-forum would like to keep review-type information out of the forums and in the Reviews section for easy access.

#3 ·
I only buy from a vendor that posts videos of his new stock on youtube, so I can see the fish I want. When I want to order I email him which fish I want to buy instead of using their website ordering page so I can be more specific. Pm me if interested.

#4 ·
For me reputation and accurate scientific names with collection points are better indicators of a good vendor. I don't think I have ever ordered from someone with videos.

#5 ·
DJRansome said:
For me reputation and accurate scientific names with collection points are better indicators of a good vendor. I don't think I have ever ordered from someone with videos.
The vendor I mentioned specializes in and only sells africans. He includes scientific names/collection points for the fish on the website. Not sure about his reputation but I could vouch for him for the few orders I've received.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.