Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species • Prolapsed anus on my Jewel

Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.

Moderators: samaki, StructureGuy

Prolapsed anus on my Jewel

Postby slava2929 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:37 pm

There is a red fibrous growth protruding from the anal region of my junvenile Jewel cichld. After reading a lot I suspect it's a prolapsed anus although I'm not 100% certain. Anyone with any information on this type of growth I would appreciate some advice on what to do. So far, I have removed it from my 40 breeder where the convict was pretty aggressive and put it by itself in a 20 long and medicated it with Seachem Polyguard medication. I like this young fish and although I have lost other fish, I have never lost a cichlid so any advice on what to do would be appreciated.
29 - Convict, 2 Zebra Danios
40B - 2 Rainbow Cic's + 25 fry, Panda Garra
20 - juvenile Angelfish, Ember Tetra, Rummynose Tetra, 2 Rosy Tetras
20L - Jewel Cic., 2 Panda Corys, 3 Axelrod Corys, 3 Sterba's Corys, 3 Denison's Barbs
slava2929

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Prolapsed anus on my Jewel

Postby slava2929 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:48 am

The fish had been in isolation and had been doused with Seachem Polyguard medication for 24 hours when I made the post above. I woke up this morning and the fish was fine and the red growth (or whatever it was) was gone. I'm elated because this is the first time any fish of mine have had serious problems and have gotten better. All it took for this particular problem was 48 hours of isolation and some medication. If anyone has seen a large red growth in the anal area of their cichlids and knows what it is, I'd still be interested to find out what happened to my little guy.
29 - Convict, 2 Zebra Danios
40B - 2 Rainbow Cic's + 25 fry, Panda Garra
20 - juvenile Angelfish, Ember Tetra, Rummynose Tetra, 2 Rosy Tetras
20L - Jewel Cic., 2 Panda Corys, 3 Axelrod Corys, 3 Sterba's Corys, 3 Denison's Barbs
slava2929

Return to Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species