General African Cichlid Discussion • Cichlids "glancing" on the bottom

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: DJRansome, nodima

Re: Cichlids "glancing" on the bottom

Postby DJRansome » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 pm

The nitrites and ammonia should be absolute zero unless your dechlor creates a reading of 0.25.

Nitrates are the only thing that is expected.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby JoshMKB24 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 pm

DJRansome wrote:The nitrites and ammonia should be absolute zero unless your dechlor creates a reading of 0.25.

Nitrates are the only thing that is expected.

I guess I could take it in to get tested at like Petsmart. I was just reading what it said on the side of the container of the color of the liquids after you mixed it.

Here is a picture of the only fish that looks like anything is wrong with him. I thought it was ich, but every pic of ich I've seen has been tiny very white specs. This seems more blotchy.

I've never had cichlids that grew up before my eyes, all the others I've owned or seen have been adults already. Is that just him changing color or does he have the itis??? Hah. No other fish have those weird spots and he isn't actually 1 of the ones glancing. I can also say tonight I sat in front of the tank for the last like 3.5 hrs and not 1 of them glanced on the bottom
Attachments
IMG_2628.JPG
JoshMKB24

Postby JoshMKB24 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 am

So Carlos's head is clearing up. He had those weird marks for like a week, but they are definitely disappearing. Makes me think that he either ran into a rock(I did my best to put in rocks without any sharp corners/edges they could injure themselves) or he got attacked by a tankmate hah.

I spent last night viewing the tank and did notice 2 of the female Lemon Jakes glancing a bit, but no one else and it was just like 2x. I also changed part of the water as I did some spot maintenance and sucked up some debris. I replaced about 10 gallons.
JoshMKB24

Previous

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion