Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Oscars

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hybrid_Creations 
#1 ·
Help. I bought a 60 gallon aquarium and 3 Oscars, I have founs out that the tank will be to small for al three, what size tank would I need for them?
All responses welcome.

#2 ·
I will say up front that I've never kept Oscars myself. IMO you would need at least a 125 for 3 oscars, but a 180 would or larger would bet even better. Also, you might get more help by posting this in the South American section. Hope this helps, and good luck.

#6 ·
Fishsplasher said:
james1983. Thank you for the information, i will use it wisely. Also of note I plan on getting a 6 FT tank this year. my Oscars are happy and thriving, they are very active and the water test well!!
Your O's should be alright in the 60 for 6-8 months before they need the upgrade. I would start planning and looking for a larger setup soon. It's better to be prepared than to have 3 12" fish in a 60 2 years from now. Oscars grow FAST, and are garbage disposals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.