Cichlid Fish Forum banner

2000 Gallon Tanganyikan Project

53K views 105 replies 60 participants last post by  h0nkzz 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of building my new house and I'm going to build a +- 2000 gal concrete tank with 3 glass panel. The tank dimensions are 20' long x 5' wide x 31" high. The glass panels would be about 32" high and all of them have reinforce concrete/steel frames on all 4 sides

heres a simple illustration of what the tank construction looks like

The tank is goin to be on one side of the wall in my family room

and this is where the tank construction is at the moment

See less See more
#85 ·
brit_abroad said:
The question I have is how are you going to heat that amount of water or is the ambient temperature of the room such that it won't need much heating?
This huge tank is located in Jakarta, Indonesia which is a tropical country, hence heating is not necessary. The water temp in the tanks here usually is around 27 - 30 C, depending on the seasons.

Many of us who live in this warm and humid climate many times even have to lower the water temp instead by using cooling fan, air con, or chiller.

#98 ·
h0nkzz said:
Als49, no I don't think I'll have any plant in it. Too much maintenance and the fish will rip them apart anyway.
Have you realized that there are some plants that are almost maintenance free and not disturbed by herbivore fish?

I use them in my goldfish planted tank and the plants keep growing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.