Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species • Buttikoferi diet?

Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.

Moderators: samaki, StructureGuy

Buttikoferi diet?

Postby beastdovii » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm

If u had a good sized buttikoferi cichlid and u had feeder goldfish or guppys or what ever would they eat it like an oscar or would they just kill it? Thx just out of curiosity
beastdovii

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Buttikoferi diet?

Postby beastdovii » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Any1?
beastdovii

Postby Mr Chromedome » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:51 am

The reason no one wants to answer is because it sounds like you simply want to watch the big fish kill/eat the little fish. This is contrary to the normal attitude of most fish keepers. If that is not the intent of your question, then the following answer should suffice.

If you mean Tilapia buttikoferi, they are not piscivores, but omnivores. They will eat smaller fish, but also need a certain amount of greens in their diet. They may also kill feeders without eating them, depending on their size. Personally, I would not give them feeder fish, but a good quality pellet food with balanced nutrition.
Happiness may be the door to Heaven, but Pleasure is not the Key. - attributed to Confucius
Mr Chromedome

Postby beastdovii » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 am

Uh no I didn't realize it sounded like that me and my brother were having a debate on weather it would sorry for making u upset
beastdovii

Postby beastdovii » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 pm

And I also stated "simply out of curiosity" so no that was not my intent
beastdovii

Return to Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species