Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Suitable Tank Mates for P. Saulosi

13K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
What would be a good species to have in a 55g with a group of 2m and 6f p. Saulosi. I want a species that has both nice looking males and females. Ideally i would like a species that have males and females that are different colors like Saulosi. (my Saulsoi females are closer to an orange color than yellow) I have been having trouble finding a good species that would be a suitable tank mate. Msobo look to much like P. Saulsoi but this is the one i really wanted. I really like the white top hara as well. COuld these work with my P. Saulsoi? I didnt really want to go to my back up plan but if i have to i would just put in 3-4 acei and 3-4 yellow labs.

What do you all think?
Msobo looks too much alike?
What about Cyno afra white top hara? could these work?
Any other recommendations?
Should i just go with my back up plan?

#5 ·
Because one is barred and one is striped, they look different enough not to view each other as direct competition. It would give you more of the bright blue color in the tank, but does not fit your criteria of dimorphic.

#8 ·
I think the white top and maingano is going to be what i go with. That sounds like a really nice color combination. Also i have always like the way white top hara look. Both the males and the females look nice.

#11 ·
They are both blue barred fish but one is very light blue and the other is very dark blue.

Also one has heavy continuous bars and the other has just a couple thin black bars.

They look like positive and negative (if you are old enough to have seen photography film negatives). They do well together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.