Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Malawi Haplochromines 720L

11K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
dimension: 160(63in) x 75(29.5in) x 60cm(23.6in) = 720L (190.5G)
filtration: 2x Fluval 405 + fluval surface skimmer + 3200l/h sun sun stream pump
heater: 2x TetraTec HT300
light: 2x Sylvania Aquastar 54w (T5)
temp: 26°C (78,8°F)

some photos of my tank & fish...

video:

See less See more
1 17
#2 ·
Stunning tank. Im not good with metric, what gallon is that tank.??

#6 ·
DJRansome said:
What are the names of the fish in each individual picture? Are they full grown?
Mastino said:
Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) juwenile (9months)

Copadichromis azureus (Nkhomo Reef) (15months)

Otopharynx tetrastigma (13months)

Otopharynx sp. torpedo blue (Ntekete) (9months)

Protomelas taeniolatus (Namalenji Is.) (18months)

Copadichromis verduyni (Kirondo Multicolor) (10months) - in the center of the photo.

Protomelas taeniolatus (Namalenji Is.) (18months)

#7 ·
The red empress are gorgeous! Do you have 2 Moorii in there or 21? I'm trying to figure out how you will be able to fit 72 haps in that tank when they are full grown, LOL. It IS a nice big tank...but 72?? I'm jealous.

#9 ·
Well it looks absolutely beautiful right now. It makes me impatient for when I will do a Peacock/Hap tank in my 125G. But Tanganyikans are going in next so the haps are probably 2 years in the future.

#13 ·
Picture perfect fish, I'm very jealous. I can't wait till my haps/peacocks are all settled in and get more color. The one you have labeled as Otopharynx tetrastigma (13months), I cannot find in the profiles section. Are you sure that's what it is?

#14 ·
bones06 said:
The one you have labeled as Otopharynx tetrastigma (13months), I cannot find in the profiles section. Are you sure that's what it is?
Yes, I'm sure. If you have a "MC4 in their natural habitat" by AD Konings, at page 295 you can see the Otopharynx tetrastigma, but I don't know yet which variety I have... :oops:
The tetrastigma is full grown & color around 18months and lost his black pattern...

with my photo the mod/admin can update the profile section :wink:

edit: Tnx to all for the comments :)

#15 ·
Mastino said:
bones06 said:
The one you have labeled as Otopharynx tetrastigma (13months), I cannot find in the profiles section. Are you sure that's what it is?
Yes, I'm sure. If you have a "MC4 in their natural habitat" by AD Konings, at page 295 you can see the Otopharynx tetrastigma, but I don't know yet which variety I have... :oops:
The tetrastigma is full grown & color around 18months and lost his black pattern...

with my photo the mod/admin can update the profile section :wink:

edit: Tnx to all for the comments :)
I do have that book, thanks for the reference. Now I want one for my tank, for some reason I forget not every cichlid is in the profiles section yet.

#20 ·
Beautiful!
There is a strong visual effect when you have so many of one fish (moori). It really is something you don't see very often in a hap tank. I think it really makes the tank nice to look at from a distance and it is not as confusing to the eye as 72 different sizes and colors would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.