Cichlid Fish Forum banner

good news and great news in one day

10K views 34 replies 5 participants last post by  cichlidgirl1 
#1 ·
Well i cant say enough about this forum and all the knowledge and help from everyone here. I am the guy who took my friends brundi front. tank, do to his spliiting up with his wife. They were neglected and over crowded 19- 3 to 6 inch fish with the breeding pair male 11 inch, female 7 inch all in a 5 foot 95 gal tank. *** since got good filtration,2 emperor 400s tons of water changes and have found homes for some. all color has come back in the fish ,have a huge appetite ,no fighting everyone is doing great. But still to many fish for such a small tank,and i need to get a good canister filter for them, fx4 is what im looking at.Anyways sat night i get on craigslist and there it is a 150 with stand lights canopy for a 100 bucks.So i get the set up yesterday for 75 bucks its acrylic very few small scratches 6 feet long 24 wide and 20 tall,ooooh yaaa.im way stoked now im setting up a new tank for these brundi's ..happy happy.then i look in my 95 gallon at my big female and she has a whole mouth full of eggs,super happy now ,but i have nowere to put her for now so i think ill get a tank seperator ,she has had atleast 4 broods naturally that i know of, so i think ill just divide her off from the rest and hope for the best untill i get my 150 set up.pics are coming of my 75 $ 150 and stand and pics of my female with eggs..thanks guys

#29 ·
i just talked to the previouse owner of my burundis and he told me that the guy he bought them from said they were wild caught ,but who knows,actually nobody will ever know.But makes no difference to me i just like the fish regardless.What would you guys do in my situation as far as my holding female goes , put her in my 28 bow front by herself with a big cave ,which i have right now. Or put a tank divider in my overpopulated 95 gal 5 foot long tank . Or wait and set up my new 150 on wed. and transfer over my old emperor 400 on to the new 150 and put the new 400 on to my 95 gal to help speed up the cycling process.well the 150 gal. will also have a new rena xp4 with the already cycled 400 thats on my 95 gal. tank now . aahhhh i just dont know.. help.. and thanks just wanted to this forum is great...

#30 ·
cichlidgirl1
thanks for all your help ill keep an eye on her and transfer her to my 28 bowfront around day 18 or so ,my 28 bowfront has been cycled with fish for around 60 or 70 days, but yesterday i sold the fish that were in there to make room for my female .Will the tank be ok for the next 14 days with no fish in there? no poop no bacteria right?? uhh this was supossed to be a p.m. but somehow i screwed up sorry everybody

#32 ·
lol ,Ya just new at all this i guess . I think ill do a very mellow low stress transfer with my divider even if it takes a couple days to get her seperated from the fish in the main tank.thanks for all the help ill keep ya posted how everything goes

#34 ·
well this morning i did a very melow and easy transfer of my holding female into my 30 gal. with a big long deep cave in it ,no struggles all went smooth,i covered up the tank with a towel to keep her calm up untill an hour ago and she came out of her cave and said hi and seems happy.she still wont let me get a pic with her mouth open but ill catch soon. my fingers are crossed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.