Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Restocking my Demasoni tank

643 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
I started with 14 Demasoni a year ago. After breeding this group up until now I have lost about 5/6. A few from different things and I've moved some males on as they were beaten from the group. I know when I set this group up I would be left with less than when I started but now I'm left with about 7/8. The tank activity I'd pretty boring if I am
Honest and wondered if it would be ok to re stock it to about 14/15 again using some of my breed demos (once they are big enough) from my grow out tank. I don't want to cause any real issues with the current group as it's taken a year to get them to this place and it's pretty calm now, although they are still very feisty fish. I just would like a bit more active in it. Thanks

#2 ·
Yes you can add juvenile descendants, but it WILL cause issues with the current group because you are starting over with the new ones.

One thing you could try is just split out the proven females after they hold. This can easily happen at 1.5" and that is a good size to add them anyway.

If you add only females, you have a better chance of continued peace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.