Lake Malawi Species • OB peacock aggression

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

Re: OB peacock aggression

Postby Chrislisk » Sat May 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Thank you...think I should have listened to your advice! Stick with the demasoni and labs. Still I guess u live and learn.
Chrislisk

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chrislisk » Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 am

Aggressive peacock removed to his temporary new home. Question....how long do I have with him in this smaller tank before I need to regime him again? Tank is 24L x 13w x 15H. Peacock is about 3 inches ish. Thanks
Chrislisk

Postby DJRansome » Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am

I thought it was going to be just overnight? Are you rehoming him? Spelling was off and not sure whether you are rehoming or reintroducing, hopefully rehoming.

If you are thinking of buying a 48x12 or 48x18 tank for him I would say 3" is about the right time for him to have his full sized home.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Chrislisk » Sun May 31, 2020 9:41 am

I’m not going to reintroduce him. The plan is to re home him! Last night he was in the small container in the main tank that I pictured uNTIL I could clear out the 70litre community I had as he would have killed the killifish and dwarf Gaurami which I have now done. Currently he resides in that tank on his own.
The plan is to give him a bigger tank yes 4 ft tank but I would need to buy one. If I can’t get one then sadly it’s back to the LFS. I just wondered how long I have before I either take him back or can go in a new 4 ft tank.
Chrislisk

Postby DJRansome » Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 am

He is not going to die in a 24" tank, but I would get the 4-foot tank or rehome as soon as possible. Next week? What would be the purpose of waiting?

Sometimes a fish that is kept alone too long becomes even more aggressive and then it is hard to ever reintroduce him to a tank with tank mates.

On the other hand, do you have your hands full at this time with the demasoni? You can always start a peacock tank next year when you can focus on it.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Chrislisk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Can I just say it’s so nice that peace and tranquility has been restored to my tank! Well as much as can be with 14 demasoni lol. Thanks for your help.....I will
Wait unTIL next year to try a peacock tank....I took them back to the LFS. So I’m back to my breeding colony and yes your right my main focus is my colony and getting them breeding.
Chrislisk

Previous

Return to Lake Malawi Species