Switch to full site
Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.
Post a reply

Re: Help me choose a barred mbuna

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:41 pm

The ochre although I don't love the color. I think you have a fair amount of blue.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:48 pm

noki wrote:Kenyi are not really a good example of a barred mbuna anyway, the barring does not intensify with dominance. Adults are often not as attractive as juviniles.

+1.

My female Kenyi were much better looking when they were small and now they're a faded blueish color most of the time, can barely see bars. The male is a nice sharp yellow-orange though.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:09 pm

*UPDATE*
So far I have procured a group of Labeotropheus Trewavasae Chilumba Orche and a group of Afra White Top Hara.
I'd like to hear your suggestions for a third and final species for this set up.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:16 pm

I would do the maingano, but the membe deep should work as well.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Mudkicker1 wrote:So far I have procured a group of Labeotropheus Trewavasae Chilumba Orche...

I very much like the ones I have. Though I'd like to replace my Kenyi with something else as soon as my lfs has a suitable replacement.

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:25 pm

DJRansome wrote:I would do the maingano, but the membe deep should work as well.
I have the Membe Deep in a separate tank for now. But for this project I was thinking maybe Elongatus Neon Spot just not sure how drab the females will be.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Post a reply