Lake Malawi Species • Wanted to get Rubin red peacock then realised it' fabricated

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

Wanted to get Rubin red peacock then realised it' fabricated

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm

I wanted to mix some rubin red peacocks but then realised they are made in Germany I saw the name German red peacock I also wanted to get the yellow peacock with the prominent blue I'm aware there's two kinds anyway I actually want to keep the tank purely Natural is it true that these fish are fabricated and if so can you please tell me if the yellow one is a natural fish and could anyone tell me what is the natural version of the red fish many thanks
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Wanted to get Rubin red peacock then realised it' fabric

Postby Deeda » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Check out This article on red peacocks from the Library for an explanation.

You can also check out the Peacock Corner articles from the Library that has descriptions of the various Aulonocara species.
Fishless Cycling
Posting Pics Eff. June 20, 2017, Photobucket does not allow free pic hosting

Dee
Eheim filter user
Member since 3/7/2006
Deeda

Postby noki » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Cichlid_beast123 wrote:I wanted to mix some rubin red peacocks but then realised they are made in Germany I saw the name German red peacock I also wanted to get the yellow peacock with the prominent blue I'm aware there's two kinds anyway I actually want to keep the tank purely Natural is it true that these fish are fabricated and if so can you please tell me if the yellow one is a natural fish and could anyone tell me what is the natural version of the red fish many thanks

Originally they were line bred (at least two lines) from a A. sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" type like from Chindunga Rocks or Maleri Island supposedly but these lines have been mixed together and or other types added in some most of these fish are a vague mystery or even outright hybrids. Some males look quite attractive, but they vary a lot and personally most of these do not impress me terribly. The males can have colour, but they have a vague look and are hardly superior to the dozen+ natural Aulonocara.
noki

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:58 am

noki wrote:
Cichlid_beast123 wrote:I wanted to mix some rubin red peacocks but then realised they are made in Germany I saw the name German red peacock I also wanted to get the yellow peacock with the prominent blue I'm aware there's two kinds anyway I actually want to keep the tank purely Natural is it true that these fish are fabricated and if so can you please tell me if the yellow one is a natural fish and could anyone tell me what is the natural version of the red fish many thanks

Originally they were line bred (at least two lines) from a A. sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" type like from Chindunga Rocks or Maleri Island supposedly but these lines have been mixed together and or other types added in some most of these fish are a vague mystery or even outright hybrids. Some males look quite attractive, but they vary a lot and personally most of these do not impress me terribly. The males can have colour, but they have a vague look and are hardly superior to the dozen+ natural Aulonocara.

yeah so i learnt the natural Aulonocara would be the stuartgranti i think ill get that instead
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Return to Lake Malawi Species