Lake Malawi Species • I need a colour enhancer for my yellow labs...

Discussion regarding only Lake Malawi species.

Moderators: Chester B, DJRansome

I need a colour enhancer for my yellow labs...

Postby Harbrook » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:35 am

After your advice i will feed my New Yellow lab Juv's "hikari excel mini pellets", but i need a colour enhancer to add to there diet.. flake or pellets doesnt really matter,.,
can you help me find a suitible one that fits the dietry needs of the yellow labs. I have looked at "tetra pro Colour" but i'm not sure if that has too much "meat" in it for the labs?

Please help

thanks

Darren.
Harbrook

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Harbrook » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 am

after further reseach, i realise that the hikari excel is mostly vegetable based, so i need something that will enhance colour but also provide for the "omnivore" diet of the labs.
Harbrook

Postby copasetic » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 am

i love my combo of hbh 8 veggie blend and tetra color bits... the 2 combine to bring colors out in peacocks fast and you sure can see the difference in fish from same batches being feed lesser food.. not sure if this is optimal for the yellow in a lab but i am sure it is a healthy diet for omnivours.. give it a try... i know most will recommend NLS but im unsure of the veggie content for omnivours maybe someone can help explain....
copasetic

Postby Ispintechno » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I find foods with lots of carotenoids turn my labs darker yellow/orangy, while foods more rich in spirulina give them that desirable bright yellow/greeny tinge.
75g African Cichlid tank, 30g Planted Tropical w/C02 reactor, 1000g+ Koi pond

- Matt
Ispintechno

Postby yogurtpooh » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:15 pm

If your labs aren't of decent quality then no food will brighten them up. I would reccomend New Life Spectrum or Dainichi, but don't know if those are available in your country.
yogurtpooh

Location: So Cal / Garden Grove / Long Beach / Southern California

Return to Lake Malawi Species